8 Great Things To Do In Carmel
Carmel has something for everyone. Are you here for a solo retreat, a romantic couple's getaway, a family adventure, and outing with your dog, a family or group reunion? Carmel has an activity you will be sure to enjoy!
Here are some of our staff favorites...
Bare-foot Walk on Carmel Beach
- At the bottom of Ocean Avenue. Turn left on Scenic Road and find nearly a mile of easy parking and public access to the beach via various stairways.
After Dinner Stroll around Carmel-by-the-Sea
- Window shop and feel the flavor of Carmel without the crowds.
Point Lobos State Reserve and Nature Walks
- Known as the greatest meeting of land and water in the world
- Approximately 5 miles south of Carmel on Hwy 1. Entrance to the park is $10 if you drive in. Free if you park in designated area along Hwy 1 and walk in.
- Be sure to take your camera
Drive Scenic Hwy 1 South to Big Sur
- A 26 mile coastal drive with unparalleled view of our rugged coast
- Lunch at Nepenthe Restaurant, the Big Sur Bakery or the Ventana Inn
- Hike the beach trails a the end of Sycamore Canyon Road, one mile past Pfieffer State Park on right. Hike beautiful trails in the Julia Pfieffer Burns State Park 8 miles south of Nepenthe.
- This is a narrow winding road so please use caution.
Visit Historic Carmel Mission Basilica
- Newly Refurbished
- Be sure to check out the Old California Inner Plaza and Gardens
Pebble Beach / 17 Mile Drive
- Bottom of Ocean Avenue turn right on San Antonio Street and follow to entry gate.
- $9.50 Entry Fee per vehicle. Refundable with purchase of food or beverage at one of the local businesses
- Visit scenic Pebble Beach Lodge. Consider lunch at the famous Tap Room or their new restaurant The Bench.
- From the Pebble Beach Lodge stay on the coastal road. The road will take you all the way to Pacific Grove and access to Cannery Row
Monterey Bay Aquarium / Historic Monterey & Cannery Row
- World Renowned Sea Aquarium. Passes good for 2 consecutive days. Many interactive exhibits. Great place to bring the kids.
- Historic Monterey, including John Steinbeck's Cannery Row, Fisherman's Wharf and early California historic buildings.
Lunch and Wine Tasting in Sunny Carmel Valley Village
- 8 miles east on Carmel Valley Rd (off Hwy 1) Carmel Valley Village
- Offers warm sunny weather, good restaurants and many boutique tasting rooms all within walking distance of one another.