Carmel has something for everyone. Are you here for a solo retreat, a romantic couple's getaway, a family adventure, and outing with your dog, a family or group reunion? Carmel has an activity you will be sure to enjoy!
Here are some of our staff favorites...
Bare-foot Walk on Carmel Beach
- At the bottom of Ocean Avenue. Turn left on Scenic Road and find nearly a mile of easy parking and public access to the beach via various stairways.
After Dinner Stroll around Carmel-by-the-Sea
- Window shop and feel the flavor of Carmel without the crowds.
Point Lobos State Reserve and Nature Walks
- Known as the greatest meeting of land and water in the world
- Approximately 5 miles south of Carmel on Hwy 1. Entrance to the park is $10 if you drive in. Free if you park in designated area along Hwy 1 and walk in.
- Be sure to take your camera
Drive Scenic Hwy 1 South to Big Sur
- A 26 mile coastal drive with unparalleled view of our rugged coast
- Lunch at Nepenthe Restaurant, the Big Sur Bakery or the Ventana Inn
- Hike the beach trails a the end of Sycamore Canyon Road, one mile past Pfieffer State Park on right. Hike beautiful trails in the Julia Pfieffer Burns State Park 8 miles south of Nepenthe.
- This is a narrow winding road so please use caution.